Tuesday, June 2, 2009

There are Many Reasons to Attend the Summer Management Conference


Dear Fellow CSA Members:

Three weeks ago I drove from my home up to Hiawassee Georgia, to The Ridges Resort, site of CSA’s Summer Conference, July 9-12.

I wanted to check them out, after all Hiawassee isn’t exactly Hilton Head or Point Clear where we have gone the last two years. I was very pleased with what I saw – clean, comfortable and recently remodeled rooms; a lodge that has a rustic feel without seeming out-of-date; a great view of Lake Chatuge from the patio and from many rooms; and an adjoining marina from which water lovers can rent “any form of water-sport equipment” according to my guide for the morning.

In a survey taken at last year’s conference, members chose a mountain setting for this year’s meeting and our staff has done a great job in selecting The Ridges. The mountains of Tennessee, North Carolina, and Georgia surround and are easily accessible from our site. Check out http://www.theridgesresort.com/ to get excited about a weekend in the mountains.

The easiest decision to make regarding this conference would be to take a pass due to current business conditions. On the contrary I believe that now more than ever we all need the stimulation of speakers that understand our industry and the osmosis-type infiltration of great ideas that we receive from each other at these conferences. Our education committee has selected speakers that you will want to hear, for both their educational and entertainment value. And there will be no lack of leisure and recreational activities for you and your family.

I encourage you to sign up now for yourself and your family and for the top contributor in your company – sales rep or manager. I am bringing a couple of my managers and spouses as a way of saying thank you for their contributions and sacrifices over these two tough years. I look at it as an investment, not an expense, since I know what they learn will improve the financial health of Blake Builders Supply in the coming months.

I look forward to seeing you in a month.

Tom Hall
CSA Chairman of the Board, 2009

No comments: